top of page

About Us

Our Staff

IMG_9849.JPG
Mark
Roberts
 

Director of Missions

hvbamissions@gmail.com

423-272-7318

IMG_9852.JPG
Melinda
Eidson

 

Ministry Assistant

hvbaoffice@gmail.com

423-272-7318

IMG_9877.JPG
Kelly 
Snodgrass
 

Pregnancy Center Director

hcphcrog@gmail.com

423-272-7309

Our History

\The HVBA was organized in 1884, when seven churches in Hawkins County sought to belong to an association close to home. Each of these churches belonged to other associations that were a distance away which made traveling to meetings difficult. After having two organizational meetings in the spring, they decided to gather at what became the first annual meeting of the Holston Valley Baptist Association on October 2-3, 1884, at Persia Baptist Church. At this meeting they welcomed three additional churches making for a total of 10 charter churches with a membership total of 691. They elected their first Moderator J. S. Hamilton at this meeting and W. L. Winfrey as their first Associational Missionary. There have been numerous Moderators over the life of the association and 20 Associational Missionaries.

During 1962 and 1963 the Association purchased land at 207 Hawkins Street in Rogersville, TN and erected a home for the Associational Missionary and a separate office building for the Association. The land and home cost a total of $8,085. In 1995 the association renovated and joined the separate home and office to create what is now the current office of the Holston Valley Baptist Association.

In the beginning the mission of the Holston Valley Baptist Association was to equip churches and assist in the Great Commission. All of these years later that is still the focus of the Association. 

Partnering Links:

TBMB.png
Brotherhood.jpg
SBC.jpg
WMU.jpg
lifeway.jpg
Of One Accord.jpg
NAMB.png
IMB.png
IMG_1635.jpg
bottom of page